After Hours Protocol: Monday-Friday 4:30pm to 8:00am Saturday-Sundays emergencies only
After hours call outs:
- Aggressive dogs not allowing public entry to their home, vehicle, or charging at people.
- Severely injured dogs or cats with no owner present
- House Fire requiring removal of Animals
- EMS requiring removal of Animals
- Police seizure and removal of Animals
- A Dog, cat, or wildlife(carnivore) bite which has broken the skin on a human
- Police assistance serving warrant or arrest requiring removal of animals
- Police assistance for animal cruelty and removal of animals
- Exigent circumstances. Dog or cat is going to die if not brought in prior to next business day. Owner is not present.
- Removal of possibly rabid domestic and wild animals (Raccoons, Bats, or foxes) from homes or property if animals and humans are exposed.
* Animals outside of Lowndes County are not accepted.
If you're calling after hours for a non-emergency issue please leave a message on 229-671-2760. We will respond the following business day.
If you have a bonified animal emergency not involving an accident or animal bite please call the non-emergency Dispatch number at 229-245-5270.
Please do not inundate 911 with non-emergency calls.
If you're calling after hours for a bonified emergency issue, please call 911.
Examples of non-emergency calls:
- Barking dogs
- Non-aggressive stray animals.
- Routine (non-life) threatening Welfare checks.
- Feral cats.
- Dead animals on the road.
- Wildlife and cats up in trees.