Elections & Voting
In-Person voting for the 24 March 2020 Presidential Preference Primary has been postponed, and will be combined with the 19 May 2020 General Primary.
Absentee by mail will continue.
All votes already cast for the 24 March Election will be counted with the 19 May 2020 Primary.
All voters who have not voted in the Presidential Primary will receive a ballot with both the Presidential and local primary candidates for the May Election.
The office’s responsibilities include:
- Assisting elected officials and candidates in completing state ethics forms and maintaining them for public inspection
- Conducting elections for federal, state, and local offices
- Federal, state, and local redistricting
- Maintaining U.S. Justice Department compliance and implementing federal and state legislation, Supreme Court Decisions, and Attorney General Opinions
- Other functions include voter registration, voter education, and service to the community where we work and live
The diverse office staff consists of 5 full-time persons and a varying number of part-time staff to meet fluctuating work demands and polling place staffing.
For additional voter information including an online voting registration form, visit the My Voter Page.
Use the MVP Log In to check your:
- Voter registration status
- Mail-in application and ballot status
- Poll location
- Early voting locations
- Elected Officials
- Registration information on file with the county office
- Sample ballot for the upcoming election
- Provisional ballot status
Citizens wishing to vote by mail may request an absentee ballot by phone, email, fax or in person. If you have any further questions please call 229-671-2850.
The Lowndes County Voter Registration and Elections’ Provisional Verification number is 229-671-2850 or email@example.com.