- Lowndes County Fire Rescue
- Operations Division
The Operations Division of Lowndes County Fire Rescue is responsible for:
- Combating and controlling fires
- Inspecting and maintaining fire hydrants
- Mitigation of fire and hazardous material threat through annual inspections and preplanning in commercial and public buildings
- Property conservation measures
- Providing delivery support systems to include water rescue, air support, and heavy extrication
- Providing the delivery of extrication, rescue, early defibrillation and related emergency medical services
Lowndes County Fire Rescue operates on 3 shifts. Firefighters work a 24-hour shift with 48 hours in between shifts. Each shift begins at 7 a.m. each day. The county is divided into 9 fire districts on a geographic basis. Each fire district has a district fire chief assigned that supervises fire companies and responds to fires and incidents in these districts.
Top Rated Fire Rescue
Our firefighters are out on the frontline, providing you, your friends, and your family with professional and caring customer service. These men and women work hard every day to provide the best possible service to the citizens of Lowndes County. Through their efforts your Fire Department has been recognized by the Insurance Services Organization (ISO) and has been awarded a Class 5 ISO Public Protection Classification Rating.
Lowndes County Fire Rescue is committed to the preservation and protection of life, property, and the environment as well as the provision of a proactive fire prevention and public education program.